To prepare for the MOS exam for Outlook 2016, Megan Hoffman demonstrates creating new contacts, deleting contacts, editing contact information, attaching an image to contacts, and adding tags to contacts.
- [Narrator] Let's explore creating contacts.…For the MOS exam, you'll need to know…how to create a new contact,…edit contact information, attach an image to a contact,…delete contacts, and add tags to contacts.…I've clicked on the people module within Outlook,…and this is where we can see…all of the people, or contacts.…Remember, you'll hear both words interchangeably.…I'll double-click on Cecilia,…just to take a look at her information.…You can see I have a lot of information…that I can store here, and I always like to point out…that any of the fields with a drop-down arrow,…allow you to store multiple options.…
So, for example, with email,…you can store three emails in that field,…and with phone numbers, you have lots of options.…Notice on the ribbon that we're looking…at the General tab, but there's also a Details tab.…I'll click Details, and you can see here…that we can store even more information about a contact.…I also like to point out that if you store…a birthday or an anniversary, these are automatically…
Megan begins with an overview of the certification program, and then walks through all of the certification objectives. As you review each topic, you can use downloadable sample documents to practice as you go. Megan wraps up the course with a full-length practice test that emulates the Outlook 2016 MOS exam, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Comparing the Microsoft Office Specialist certifications
- Reviewing the user interface
- Customizing settings
- Printing and saving information
- Performing search operations in Outlook
- Configuring mail settings
- Automating messages
- Creating messages
- Formatting, organizing, and managing messages
- Creating and managing calendars
- Creating and organizing appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing contacts and groups
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment for Productivity
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.