In this video, author Megan Hoffman demonstrates how to create contacts and adjust settings within the People module. Create new contacts, create a contact from the same company. Change Outlook settings for how contacts are displayed and stored. Delete contacts, edit contact information, attach an image to contacts, add tags to contacts including categories, flags, and marking a contact private. Create a business card. Change contact views. Master these MOS objectives as a part of your prep for the Microsoft Office Specialist PowerPoint 2013 exam.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] In this video, you'll learn…to create contacts and adjust settings.…Let's take a look at the MOS objectives in this section.…You'll learn to create new contacts,…edit contact information, attach an image…to a contact, add tags to a contact,…and delete contacts.…Working with contacts is an important part…of the MOS exam.…Be sure you can create and modify contacts quickly…to work within the time limit.…For this section, we'll want to click on the People module…at the bottom of the screen.…
Outlook 2013 has a new name for the module…previously called Contacts.…It's now called People, but you should expect…to hear those terms used interchangeably,…and the items within People are always referred…to as Contacts.…This is where you store information related…to the people you interact with.…You can use this information to send emails,…schedule meetings, and delegate tasks,…as well as just tracking information about your contacts.…The first MOS objective in this section…is creating new contacts.…
Let's take a look at a contact.…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing settings, automating Outlook, printing and saving, and searching in Outlook. Learn how to manage messages, including creating, formatting, and organizing messages, and manage schedules, including creating and managing the calendar, appointments, meetings, and events. Learn to manage notes, tasks, journals, contacts, and groups.
Challenges exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Customizing Outlook settings
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting messages
- Creating new calendars
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Creating contacts and groups
- Importing contacts
- Taking a full-length practice exam