In this video, Jess Stratton shows users how to create contact groups, so you can send an email to multiple people at the same time, very quickly.
- [Announcer] Outlook also has the ability for you to create groups, that is a named list that contains many email addresses. When you address a new email, you can also send out to the group name. So, everyone who is on the list gets the message. In your contacts, create a new contact group by clicking new contact group on the home ribbon tab. The first thing you'll need to do is give your group a name. I'll call this one Tech Fest. I want to be able to easily keep in touch with everybody who's on the conference team. Now I need to add members to the group. I'll click add members. I can choose to add members directly from my Outlook contacts. Here is a list of the people that we saw in the main contact screen.
I'll click Leslie and click members. I can go through this list and select people, click members again, and then okay when I'm done. Now I'll hit save and close. And my Tech Fest group has been created. Let's do this one more time. I'll click new contact group. I'll call this one Executive Team. I'll click add members and this time I'll choose from address book. It is going to pick from my Exchange Offline Global Address list. From here, I can choose multiple people to add by holding the shift key down and selecting them all.
I'll click members and then okay. If I didn't have somebody in my contacts, I can still add them to the list. When I click add members, the final option was to create a new email contact. So if they weren't already there, I could add them at any time. I'll click save and close again and now I have two groups. I can delete a group at any time by highlighting the group name and clicking delete. I can also edit it by double clicking on my group name, choosing to add more members or selecting a member from the list and clicking remove member.
I'll click save and close. And now we need to send them an email. There's a few ways you can send an email to the group. You can select the group while you're in the people hub and click the email icon. You can also go back to the inbox by clicking the mail icon on the bottom left. Click new email. And then in the to field, start typing the name of your list. I can select the group name, it populates and I can type my email as normal. If I click the plus sign, it's going to expand the list with the members' names, instead of showing me the group name. It is however still a regular email and I can type a subject in the body and send it as normal.
- Accessing the keyboard shortcuts
- Using @mentions
- Reading and searching mail
- Organizing mail
- Processing messages with mail rules
- Using the new Focused Inbox feature
- Creating and formatting new messages
- Recalling and resending messages
- Creating new contacts
- Working with the calendar
- Creating tasks and notes
- Working with Outlook data