In this video, author Megan Hoffman demonstrates how to create and adjust settings. Learn to adjust viewing details for calendars. Display Day, Week Work Week, and Month view. Change the view to preview, list or active items. Sort the list view. Adjust the time scale. Modify calendar time zones, display 2 time zones, swap time zones, delete calendars, set calendar work times and days, Master these MOS objectives as a part of your prep for the Microsoft Office Specialist PowerPoint 2013 exam.
- [Voiceover] In this video you'll learn to create calendars…and adjust settings.…There are several MOS objectives covered here.…You'll learn to adjust viewing details for calendars,…modify calendar time zones,…delete calendars,…and set calendar work times.…All of these are important for the MOS exam.…I'll start by switching to the Calendar module…by clicking Calendar at the bottom of the screen.…Outlook's calendar enables you to keep track…of appointments, events and meetings.…Remember, if you're using an Exchange account,…you can also share your calendar…and view other people's shared calendars and availability.…
The first MOS objective here…is adjust viewing details for calendars.…The calendar provides multiple view options…in addition to the standard calendar view.…I'll click the View tab at the top and choose Change View.…And note some of the other common options.…I'll select Preview.…This is an option that shows me the details of a meeting.…Notice for the appointment on Friday…we can now see the notes associated with that.…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing settings, automating Outlook, printing and saving, and searching in Outlook. Learn how to manage messages, including creating, formatting, and organizing messages, and manage schedules, including creating and managing the calendar, appointments, meetings, and events. Learn to manage notes, tasks, journals, contacts, and groups.
Challenges exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Customizing Outlook settings
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting messages
- Creating new calendars
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Creating contacts and groups
- Importing contacts
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton3h 6m Appropriate for all
Outlook 2013 Power Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
Create and manage groups5m 2s
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.