To prepare for the MOS exam for Outlook 2016, Megan Hoffman demonstrates creating calendar items, creating recurring calendar items, canceling calendar items, creating calendar items from messages, setting calendar item times, and setting free or busy sta
- [Instructor] Let's dig in…to creating appointments and events.…We'll start by creating calendar items,…setting calendar item times,…setting free or busy status for calendar items,…creating recurring calendar items,…canceling calendar items,…and creating calendar items for messages.…Our first miles objective…is to create calendar items.…Let's start out with creating appointments and events,…since they are very similar.…These are the two items that I would add to my own calendar.…The difference being appointments are part of a day,…like the items you see in this calendar,…whereas events block you out for a full 24 hours.…
I'll start out by creating an appointment.…I'll click New Appointment from the Home tab on the ribbon,…and I'll type in a subject of "Compliance training."…I can set a location simply by typing in the box,…or clicking the down arrow…to choose from a previously used location.…Here I'll go ahead and type in "Training room 1."…It's easy to choose a date and time,…and this is our next objective,…is setting calendar item times.…
Megan begins with an overview of the certification program, and then walks through all of the certification objectives. As you review each topic, you can use downloadable sample documents to practice as you go. Megan wraps up the course with a full-length practice test that emulates the Outlook 2016 MOS exam, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Comparing the Microsoft Office Specialist certifications
- Reviewing the user interface
- Customizing settings
- Printing and saving information
- Performing search operations in Outlook
- Configuring mail settings
- Automating messages
- Creating messages
- Formatting, organizing, and managing messages
- Creating and managing calendars
- Creating and organizing appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing contacts and groups
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment for Productivity
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.