Author Megan Hoffman describes the various kinds of Office certification courses currently offerred by Microsoft, including the basic Microsoft Office Specialist exam (MOS), Microsoft Office Specialist Expert, and Microsoft Office Specialist Master.
- [Voiceover] Successful MOS candidates will have…a good understanding of the Outlook user interface…and commands required to work with mail,…calendar, contacts, tasks,…notes, and journal.…Since MOS Exams are task-based,…you should be able to work independently…and demonstrate completion of a wide range…of business tasks within Outlook.…Let's review the three different levels…of MOS Certification.…A Microsoft Office Specialist, or MOS,…is an individual who has demonstrated proficiency…by passing a certification exam in one or more…of the Office programs,…including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,…Access, OneNote or SharePoint.…
A Microsoft Office Specialist Expert,…or MOS Expert, is an individual who has demonstrated…that he or she has mastered the more…advanced features of Word or Excel…by passing the required certification exam.…A Microsoft Office Specialist Master, or MOS Master,…is an individual who has demonstrated…that he or she has mastered multiple Office applications…by passing the MOS Expert Certification Exams…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing settings, automating Outlook, printing and saving, and searching in Outlook. Learn how to manage messages, including creating, formatting, and organizing messages, and manage schedules, including creating and managing the calendar, appointments, meetings, and events. Learn to manage notes, tasks, journals, contacts, and groups.
Challenges exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Customizing Outlook settings
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting messages
- Creating new calendars
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Creating contacts and groups
- Importing contacts
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton3h 6m Appropriate for all
Outlook 2013 Power Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
Create and manage groups5m 2s
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.