Join Megan Hoffman for an in-depth discussion in this video Compare the Microsoft Office Specialist certifications, part of Cert Prep: Outlook 2016 Microsoft Office Specialist (77-731).
- [Instructor] Let's review the three different levels of MOS certification. A Microsoft Office Specialist, or MOS, is an individual who has demonstrated proficiency by passing a certification exam in one or more office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, SharePoint, or OneNote. A Microsoft Office Specialist Expert, or MOS Expert, is an individual who has demonstrated that he or she has mastered the more advanced features of Word or Excel by passing the required certification exams.
A Microsoft Office Specialist Master, or MOS Master, is an individual who has demonstrated that he or she has mastered multiple Office applications by passing the MOS Expert certification exams for Word and Excel, the MOS certification exam for PowerPoint, and one additional MOS certification exam. This course is about preparing you for the Outlook 2016 exam. Once you watch all the videos and complete the Challenge exercises, you'll be able to move onto the practice exam at the end of the course.
Once you've mastered the practice exam in the allotted 40-minute time frame, you should feel comfortable taking the official Outlook 2016 MOS exam.
Megan begins with an overview of the certification program, and then walks through all of the certification objectives. As you review each topic, you can use downloadable sample documents to practice as you go. Megan wraps up the course with a full-length practice test that emulates the Outlook 2016 MOS exam, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Comparing the Microsoft Office Specialist certifications
- Reviewing the user interface
- Customizing settings
- Printing and saving information
- Performing search operations in Outlook
- Configuring mail settings
- Automating messages
- Creating messages
- Formatting, organizing, and managing messages
- Creating and managing calendars
- Creating and organizing appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing contacts and groups
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment for Productivity
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.