Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Check what version of Outlook you're using, part of Outlook Essential Training (Office 365).
- [Instructor] Before we begin, we have a few different courses on Outlook and I really wanna make sure you're watching the right course for the right software version you have. This course is for Outlook that's installed with an Office 365 subscription, not the standalone version of Office 2019. This user interface looks a little different than the Office 2019 version, and you might get frustrated when the screen doesn't match what you're seeing. So here's how to check. Click File on the top left hand side of the screen and on the left click Office Account.
If you check over on the right hand side, you can see what kind of an installation you have. This is an Office 365 ProPlus Subscription. It could be Office 365 Personal, Home, or Education edition. It might not nescessarily be ProPlus, but if it says the word subscription somewhere, it's Office 365. So if you don't see that word, you're watching the wrong course and you'll need to change to the Outlook for Office 2019 course instead.
For everybody else, you're in the right place. So let's click the back arrow on the top left hand side of the screen.
- Connecting your email account to Outlook
- Reading mail
- Searching for mail
- Organizing mail with flags, folders, and rules
- Creating and sending new email
- Creating new contacts
- Adding delegates
- Creating meetings and appointments in the Outlook calendar
- Creating tasks
- Backing up Outlook data
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/09/2018. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers the simplified ribbon in Office 365.
1. The Latest Features in Office 365
Simplified ribbon1m 4s
2. Get Started and Connect Accounts
3. Read Mail
4. Organize Mail
5. Create and Send Mail
6. Create and Work with People
7. Work with Delegates
8. Work with the Calendar
9. Work with Tasks and Outlook Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.