To change a flagged item's due date, open the flag and modify the flagged date. To change the due date or start date for a task, open the task and modify the dates.
- [Narrator] Occasionally it is necessary…to be able to modify a task,…to be able to change its due date,…so here are some tasks that are due today.…And they are not going to get done today.…I'm going to open this task up,…and I'm going to need one more day to do this.…So this task actually was created…with Follow-Up flag, and the only way…that I can do this is to open it up and to modify it.…Just like that, now it's tomorrow, and I can close this,…and in a minute this will catch up with us.…
This task is actually completed,…so I'm going to simply mark it as complete.…And this task, which also comes to us from a flagged item,…I'm going to change to next week, and close it.…Now, when I go back to Due Today, notice that…there are no items due today any longer.…If I want to change the date…for an item that was created as a task,…there's a slightly different approach.…
If I double-click, notice that…it has a due date and a start date.…I can change them here but really,…I can also just click right here and say this is…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.