Join Megan Hoffman for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Manage messages, part of Cert Prep: Outlook 2013 Microsoft Office Specialist (77-423).
- [Voiceover] Congratulations on completing Chapter 3.…Now you'll have a chance to practice these skills…for the MOS Exam.…You'll start by opening the file…03_05_ChallengeInstructions.docx…and viewing the required tasks.…The tasks you see here are similar…to the types of tasks you'll see on the MOS Exam.…Because you'll need to use your own mailbox…to do these practice exercises,…you may be limited by your environment…and need to improvise.…Start with task one, where you'll create a new email,…and include voting buttons.…
Work through all ten tasks.…For this challenge, give yourself about ten minutes.…Be sure to time yourself.…If you have any trouble completing the challenge…in ten minutes, go back and watch the videos again…and retake the challenge.…It's really important to work on improving your time…before taking the MOS Exam.…After you finish, come back to the next video,…where I'll show you my approach…to solving the challenge.…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing settings, automating Outlook, printing and saving, and searching in Outlook. Learn how to manage messages, including creating, formatting, and organizing messages, and manage schedules, including creating and managing the calendar, appointments, meetings, and events. Learn to manage notes, tasks, journals, contacts, and groups.
Challenges exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Customizing Outlook settings
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting messages
- Creating new calendars
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Creating contacts and groups
- Importing contacts
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton3h 6m Appropriate for all
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
Create and manage groups5m 2s
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.