Join Megan Hoffman for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Manage contacts and groups, part of Outlook 2013: Prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist Certification Exam (77-423).
- [Voiceover] Now that you've completed Chapter 5,…you'll have a chance to practice these skills…for the MOS Exam.…You'll start by opening…05_04_ChallengeInstructions.docx.…I'm displaying the challenge instructions on my screen now.…Note that these tasks are similar to the exam…and that they ask you to create or modify…specific Outlook items within a particular mailbox.…Because you'll use your own mailbox to do…these practice exercises, you may be limited…by your environment and need to improvise.…Start out with task one, which asks you to remove…Jonathan Perfington from the new employees…contact group and work through all ten tasks.…
Be sure to time yourself and allow about…ten minutes for this challenge.…If you have any trouble completing the challenge…in ten minutes, go back and watch the videos again…and retake the challenge.…It's really important to improve your time…before taking the MOS Exam.…After you finish, come back to the next video,…where I'll show you my approach to solving this challenge.…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing settings, automating Outlook, printing and saving, and searching in Outlook. Learn how to manage messages, including creating, formatting, and organizing messages, and manage schedules, including creating and managing the calendar, appointments, meetings, and events. Learn to manage notes, tasks, journals, contacts, and groups.
Challenges exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Customizing Outlook settings
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting messages
- Creating new calendars
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Creating contacts and groups
- Importing contacts
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton3h 6m Appropriate for all
Outlook 2013 Power Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
Create and manage groups5m 2s
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.