Join Megan Hoffman for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Manage the Outlook environment, part of Cert Prep: Outlook 2013 Microsoft Office Specialist (77-423).
- [Voiceover] Now that you've completed Chapter 2,…you'll have a chance to practice these skills…for the MOS Exam.…You'll start by opening the…02_06_ChallengeInstructions.docx file…from your exercise folder.…So here I'm displaying that file on my screen.…The tasks you'll see here are similar to what…you'll see in the MOS Exam.…These will ask you to create or modify specific…Outlook items within a particular mailbox.…Because you'll need to use your own mailbox…to do these practice exercises,…you may be limited by your environment…and need to improvise.…
For example, when asked to search for a…specific email message, you'll want to do something…similar in your mail account to practice…the general concept.…You'll start by working through task one,…which instructs you to move tasks before people…in the navigation options.…And then you'll continue working through…the rest of the tasks.…For this challenge, give yourself about ten minutes.…Be sure to time yourself.…Keep in mind that in the real exam,…you'll want to be able to complete each task…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing settings, automating Outlook, printing and saving, and searching in Outlook. Learn how to manage messages, including creating, formatting, and organizing messages, and manage schedules, including creating and managing the calendar, appointments, meetings, and events. Learn to manage notes, tasks, journals, contacts, and groups.
Challenges exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Customizing Outlook settings
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting messages
- Creating new calendars
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Creating contacts and groups
- Importing contacts
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton3h 6m Appropriate for all
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
Create and manage groups5m 2s
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.