Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Calendaring with phone vs. desktop, part of Managing Your Calendar for Peak Productivity.
- [Instructor] One of the wonderful things about today's…smartphones is how easy it is to make a quick task…or schedule an appointment when needed.…Accounts are now almost painlessly…synced across devices.…There are a few tips and tricks that you can keep in mind…to get the most out of both situations.…Again, keep in mind you may be using a different…operating system, but the principles I'm sharing here…are designed to be universal.…The first tip is to make sure that the calendar is…on your screen, always ready for quick access.…
That means I recommend dragging it into…the lower tray of your phone or whatever place…where it's always ready regardless of…what screen you're on.…That will make it faster for scheduling.…The next tip is to make sure that…only the event calendar that you're using…for actual events, is synced and ready to go.…You can find that in the settings…of Android, where it shows multiple calendars.…For instance if I clicked on that Task Reminders…calendar that we created, there's an option…to either sync or not sync the calendar.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Setting up your calendar
- Adding quick tasks to your calendar
- Scheduling an extended project
- Building in extra time between appointments
- Using a mobile calendar
- Coordinating schedules
- Schedule recurring meetings
- Handling scheduling conflicts
- Creating daily, weekly, and monthly patterns