If you want to automatically back up Outlook locally, use the Mac Time Machine included with Mac OS. Time Machine is also used to back up documents, pictures, and other information created on your Mac.
- [Instructor] I'd be remiss, I feel, if I didn't tell you…how to backup all of your stuff in Outlook.…Of course Outlook, if you're running Exchange Server,…is being backed up for you by your Exchange administrator.…And if you're using Gmail or anything else,…you have backups in all those places.…But if you want to automatically backup Outlook locally,…then you need an external drive to do it,…and you'll use Time Machine.…Go to your System Preferences, Time Machine.…When you turn it on, you'll select a back up disk.…
And you can set specific options…about what you want to have excluded from your backup…so that you can create a backup.…Time Machine is included with Mac OS.…There's nothing extra for you to buy.…So if you don't have another mechanism…for backing up your Mac, this is a great way to do it.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.