To prepare for the MOS exam for Outlook 2016, Megan Hoffman demonstrates creating and managing rules, creating automatic replies, and creating messages using Quick Parts.
- [Instructor] Outlook has some great features…that allow you to automate messages.…For the MOS exam you'll need to know…how to create and manage rules,…create automatic replies,…and create messages by using Quick Parts.…Rules allow you to set up automatic criteria…that handle messages on your behalf.…There's a couple ways to do this.…I have a message from Jennifer Dawson…selected in my inbox, and from the Home tab…I'll click on the Rules dropdown.…I have a couple ways I can proceed.…I'll start by clicking Always Move…Messages From: Jennifer Dawson.…
This give me a quick way to assign…all of her messages to a particular folder.…I could proceed by selecting a folder…and clicking OK, and then in the future,…it would move all of her messages.…I'll go ahead and cancel, but this is a good option…to be aware of for the exam.…Let's look at other rule options.…I still have Jennifer's message selected,…I'll click the Rules dropdown,…and this time I'll click Create Rule.…Again, because Jennifer's message is selected,…it gives me options relevant to that message.…
Megan begins with an overview of the certification program, and then walks through all of the certification objectives. As you review each topic, you can use downloadable sample documents to practice as you go. Megan wraps up the course with a full-length practice test that emulates the Outlook 2016 MOS exam, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Comparing the Microsoft Office Specialist certifications
- Reviewing the user interface
- Customizing settings
- Printing and saving information
- Performing search operations in Outlook
- Configuring mail settings
- Automating messages
- Creating messages
- Formatting, organizing, and managing messages
- Creating and managing calendars
- Creating and organizing appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing contacts and groups
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment for Productivity
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.