Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Arranging email by date or sender, part of Outlook 2013: Efficient Email Management.
- A View is a group of settings…that determine how information…is displayed in the Inbox or the Calendar,…People or Tasks, whatever Outlook app you're in.…And you and I choose or create Views…here on the View tab.…There are a number of different…arrangements that are in place…that are already included on the dropdown of View settings.…Message preview and so on.…But there's an easier way to do this.…Here in the Information viewer,…I have all of these preset choices…based on the different columns…that I might want to sort or group on.…
So for example, if I want to be able to see…who messages are from, I can choose "From"…and it will show me each of the messages…grouped by who sent them.…If I want to go back to date,…I return and I choose "Date."…And notice that Date actually says…"Date/Conversations" and the reason is,…I have "Show as Conversations" turned on.…Notice also, that it doesn't have the date,…it says "Today" and then "Yesterday."…And if I click the triangle to collapse Yesterday,…there's the day before and then we are into last week.…
AuthorGini von Courter
Find the Outlook 2010 version of this course here.
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Ignoring a conversation
- Tagging messages with flags and categories
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Creating a search folder
- Creating Quick Steps and email rules
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Reviewing Email
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders, Search, and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.