Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Archiving email, part of Office 365 for Mac: Learning Outlook.
- [Instructor] A new feature in Outlook for Mac…is the ability to do one-click archiving of your messages.…This means that your messages will get out of the Inbox…so they won't clutter your view,…but you can still search for them when you need them.…To archive a message, click on it,…and, from the Home ribbon tab, click Archive.…The message will disappear into the Archive folder,…which I can browse at any time on the left navigation bar.…If this is the first time…you're clicking that Archive button,…you'll be told that the Archive button doesn't exist…and you can click Continue to create it.…
You'll need to do this for each email account…you have set up with Outlook.…If you're creating an archive for Gmail,…you should choose the All Mail folder.…It's also important to note that when you search,…you need to make sure you're searching All Mail…to search your archive also.…To do that, run a search as normal,…and in the Search ribbon toolbar,…make sure you have All Mail selected.…This way, anything that you put in your archive…
- Adding email accounts
- Reading mail
- Organizing mail
- Creating, replying to, and forwarding email
- Creating new contacts and groups
- Creating appointments and meetings
- Adding a signature to email
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Email
2. Working with People
3. Working with the Calendar
4. Working with Outlook Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.