Archiving is a new feature. The archive folder is separate from your Inbox, and items stored in the archive use your Inbox space. Although archiving usually moves messages based on administrative rules, you can select a message and manually archive it.
- [Instructor] There's a new feature…in Outlook for Mac 2016 that's archiving.…With archiving there's an archive folder that exists here.…The archive folder is separate from your inbox.…Therefore items that you move to the archive…are no longer taking up space in your inbox.…And if you want to archive an item you simply choose it,…you click the archive button, and it is sent to the archive.…Just like that.…It doesn't matter whether it's read, unread.…Whatever its status is, it's moved.…And I'm not limited to my inbox.…If I choose a folder that has an item in it…and I move that item to the archive…it works exactly the same way.…
If I am using more than one email account with Outlook.…For example if I'm also receiving my Gmail…as well as my Microsoft Exchange email,…I'll need to set up a separate archive for each of those.…The first time I click the archive button,…in a particular account, if I don't…have an email archive set up already…I'll get a dialog box that prompts me…to click continue to simply set up the archive.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.