In this video, author Megan Hoffman demonstrates how to use search folders and instant search. Master these MOS objectives as a part of your prep for the MOS Outlook 2010 exam.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] In this video,…you'll learnt to apply search and filter tools.…For the MOS exam,…you'll want to know how to use Search Folders…and how to use Instant Search.…The first objective in this lesson is to use Search Folders.…Search Folders provide an up-to-date view of messages…that are stored in different mail folders…based on the criteria you specify.…Notice that the Navigation Pane contains…a Search Folders area.…I'll scroll down…and note the Search Folders area.…I'll click the arrow to expand it.…
In this case,…I've already got a For Follow Up folder.…In a previous lesson,…we saw that this always contains any mail…that I've flagged.…I can right click on Search Folders…to create a new Search Folder at any time.…I'd like to display a Search Folder for large mail.…I'll go ahead and select large mail,…choose that the mail must be at least 250 kilobytes,…and then click Okay.…And from here, I'll click Okay.…Notice the folder that results.…
I'm looking at the larger than 250 kilobyte folder,…and you can see that my mail is even grouped by size.…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing the interface, printing and saving information, and searching in Outlook. Next, learn how to manage email messages (including creating, formatting, and organizing messages), create contacts, and manage calendars (including appointments, meetings, and events). Finally, find out how to work with notes, tasks, and journal entries.
Challenge exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Managing the Outlook environment
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting email messages
- Creating Quick Steps
- Cleaning up the inbox
- Managing rules
- Creating contacts and groups
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment
3. Create and Format Item Content
4. Manage Email Messages
5. Manage Contacts
✓ Solution: Manage contacts3m 18s
6. Manage Calendar Objects
Manipulate the Calendar pane8m 45s
7. Work with Tasks, Notes, and Journal Entries
8. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.