In this video, author Megan Hoffman demonstrates how to Adjust message settings and mailbox access. Learn to prioritize messages as high importance or low importance, change the message sensitivity to mark messages as private, request delivery receipts, request a read receipt, redirect replies to another email address, and delegate access to your mailbox to another person. Master these MOS objectives as a part of your prep for the Microsoft Office Specialist PowerPoint 2013 exam.
- [Voiceover] In this video, you'll learn…to adjust message settings and mailbox access.…There are several MOS objectives in this section.…You'll learn to prioritize messages,…mark as private, request delivery or read receipts,…redirect replies, and delegate mailbox access.…All of these settings and options are important…for the MOS exam, so be sure you're comfortable…with finding them quickly.…So, I'm in my mailbox, looking at the mail module,…and I'll go ahead and start a message,…so I can demo these settings.…
I'll click on New Email, address this message,…I'll type in Chong's name, choose his name…from the pop up, enter a subject of Budget Discussion,…and then start to work with the settings.…The first MOS objective in this section…is prioritizing messages.…I have two options for this.…From the Ribbon, I can click on High Importance…or I can click on Low Importance.…The way that you know this is applied…is that you see the blue bar across that option.…I'll go ahead and mark this one as High Importance.…
The next setting we'll look at…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing settings, automating Outlook, printing and saving, and searching in Outlook. Learn how to manage messages, including creating, formatting, and organizing messages, and manage schedules, including creating and managing the calendar, appointments, meetings, and events. Learn to manage notes, tasks, journals, contacts, and groups.
Challenges exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Customizing Outlook settings
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting messages
- Creating new calendars
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Creating contacts and groups
- Importing contacts
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton3h 6m Intermediate
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
Create and manage groups4m 57s
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.