There are eight custom columns you can use in Outlook, but they are not included in the Contact form. To display a custom column, turn off the preview pane, right-click in the column headers, and insert the custom column in the display.
- [Instructor] You may remember that we saw…eight custom columns that were available,…and we can use those…for unique columns of information.…For example, there is nowhere in this form…for contacts that I have information…about what year someone was hired.…Perhaps that's important to me for some reason,…not the date but the actual year.…So if someone was hired in 2001,…I'd like to be able to enter that here.…
And if someone else was hired…in 2012, I'd like to have that information here.…Now, right now it's in a form-by-form basis…but if I switch the Reading Pane off,…or even put it at the bottom,…remember that I get a different display.…I also can give this a little bit more room…if I want to stretch it out.…That's a moveable bar,…much as it doesn't want to move right now.…And I'm going to go right here…and right-click and choose Custom 1…to display that Custom 1 category.…
And you'll notice that when I scroll down,…the information that I included on Carolina's form,…for example, is displayed here.…She started with us in 2001.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.