In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows users how to launch Outlook for the first time, what to expect when adding an Office 365 account, and how to remove an existing Office 365 account from Outlook.
- [Instructor] When you start Outlook for the first time, you're prompted to add your email address. You can use Outlook with Exchange, POP, IMAP, or Office 365. So I'm going to put in my Office 365 account and I'll click Connect. Outlook has recognized that this is an Office 365 account. If I wasn't logged in to this machine on the browser, in the online version I would get prompted to put in my Office 365 password also.
But because I've already done that, I can now start using Outlook. I'm going to uncheck Set up Outlook Mobile on my phone. I'll click the blue Done button and it's going to restart Outlook and prepare it for the first time it's being used. As this is the first time it's opening, some things happen. I'll get some pop-ups, I may get some calendar reminders, I may get some more pop-ups telling me some neat features of the new Outlook. Here's the calendar reminders pop-up. Especially if I have overdue meetings, I can click Dismiss or Dismiss All on these reminders.
I'll click Yes that I really do want to dismiss them, and now I'm successfully connected. I can remove this email account at any time from the File ribbon tab on the top left-hand side of the screen. Click File, Info, select Account Settings, choose Account Settings again, click the account and select Remove. This will delete the account from Outlook. I'm going to click Close to get out of this, because I certainly don't want to do this now.
But up next, let's add a personal email address.
- Connecting your email account to Outlook
- Reading mail
- Searching for mail
- Organizing mail with flags, folders, and rules
- Creating and sending new email
- Creating new contacts
- Adding delegates
- Creating meetings and appointments in the Outlook calendar
- Creating tasks
- Backing up Outlook data
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/09/2018. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers the simplified ribbon in Office 365.
1. The Latest Features in Office 365
Simplified ribbon1m 4s
2. Get Started and Connect Accounts
3. Read Mail
4. Organize Mail
5. Create and Send Mail
6. Create and Work with People
7. Work with Delegates
8. Work with the Calendar
9. Work with Tasks and Outlook Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.