Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Access and navigate the calendar, part of Outlook.com Essential Training.
- [Narrator] To access the calendar, click the thumbnail icon on the left side of the screen and choose calendar. The top menu bar looks exactly the same. You have Skype, notifications, settings, and your profile information. If we move all the way to the bottom left hand side of the screen, you can navigate back to mail by clicking the mail icon, people, or tasks. Directly above this is the list of all the calendars that you have. I'll show you how to add additional calendars and you can also import holidays and birthdays.
Above that is the date switcher. This mini calendar can allow you to very quickly jump around and go anywhere you need to go. You can use the left and right buttons to navigate through months then go to a particular date very quickly. Above that is the search bar where you can search for calendar appointments. To the right of that is the new button for making new calendar appointments. In the add calendar list you can add secondary calendars and browse other interesting calendars to add.
You can share your own calendar and print it. Directly underneath that is the calendar, itself. All the way to the right is the today button. Clicking this button will take you to today's date no matter where you are. You can also navigate between different ways to view your calendar. I can click day to switch to a daily view of my appointments, work week, which just includes Monday through Friday, an entire week's view of Sunday through Saturday, and, finally, a month view.
I'll switch back to week view. To the left of that is another way to navigate through the dates. Dependent on which view I'm currently in, in this case the week view, if I click the down arrow I can navigate back and forth between different weeks. For example, I can click on the next week, and I can even navigate between months. I can always click go to today, and it will bring me back to the current week. Clicking the left and right buttons will take me through the weeks.
If I'm on day view it will take me through each day and so on. In the middle of the screen is all my appointments. The dotted line indicates what time it currently is. And here I can see time slots and all of my appointments. I can click once on an appointment to see the details. I can also edit it and delete it. And I can create a new appointment by clicking and dragging with my mouse. I'm going to show you how to do that in a future video. But for now that's how you navigate the calendar.
- Recognize what the thumbnail launcher on the top left of the screen can be used for.
- Recall what inquiry Outlook will make before linking with various cloud storage platforms.
- Identify the icon you need to select to keep an email at the top of your inbox.
- List the steps to access the settings to edit the rules of your inbox.
- Name the type of email senders that are not sent an automatic replay when you set up Automatic Replies on your Outlook account.
- Explain how a contact list works.