In Outlook for Mac 2016 hold Command and press 9 to display the Reminders window. If there are no active reminders, the window will not be displayed. When a reminder appears, you can dismiss the selected reminder or all reminders. You can also snooze reminders. If you frequently snooze reminders or are a serial snoozer, consider setting fewer reminders or setting reminders closer to the time of an event. Toggle Outlook > Turn Reminders Off to suppress the display of reminders - useful during a presentation or when you are sharing your screen.
- [Voiceover] As we've been creating tasks and appointments…and meetings, we've also been setting reminders,…and there are a couple of things you can do…with reminders that are worth noting.…First, reminders pop up at the time…that you've asked them to, and you can snooze them…or you can dismiss them, it's like an alarm clock.…If I'd like to see the reminders window…and it's not currently displayed,…I can go to Window, and choose Reminders.…Now, if Reminders is not enabled,…that means that there is no current reminder for me to view.…
It doesn't mean there won't be.…It just means there isn't one right now.…If I'd like to turn reminders on or off,…I can do that here.…Why might you turn off reminders?…My favorite time to turn off reminders…is when I'm going to be doing a presentation,…or when I'm sharing my screen and I don't want…other people to see my reminders pop up.…If I turn off the reminders, this is a toggle.…I can then go back and turn on my reminders.…When the reminder window opens, as it just did,…it also highlights the item that the reminder is for.…
- Explain how much time you should put into estimating how long a task will take.
- List the reasons for an item to become a calendar entry.
- Recall the keyboard shortcut for changing to a work week view.
- Recognize when to disable request proposals.
- Define how many categories can be assigned to a meeting.
- Recall the limitations on snoozing reminders.