Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Use search folders, part of Outlook 2016: Advanced Tips and Tricks.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] I've discovered there…are two kinds of Outlook users.…Users who go into the inbox and…use search to find something,…and users who go into the inbox…and who scroll up and down to find things.…Search in Outlook wasn't stellar…the first couple of versions,…and I think some of us got in the habit…of being browsers rather than searchers,…but search works really, really well,…and I'd like to introduce you to the last…of the really superb search tools…that are built into Outlook,…and that's search folders.…In prior versions of Outlook,…we had search folders automatically built in.…
Now there aren't any, but you can…use a tool to quickly create them.…For example, let's right-click on search folders…or click on search folders either,…and choose New Search Folder.…I wanna create a new search folder…for unread mail in my mailbox.…I click OK, and there is Unread Mail.…And it's searching my entire mailbox,…firstname.lastname@example.org and coming up…with one item in the inbox,…and it comes up with 14 items in the inbox,…and a fifteenth item in a sub-folder,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Flagging and color-coding emails
- Making use of favorites
- Speed reading email
- Dealing with junk mail
- Sharing your calendar via email
- Including screenshots
- Setting task reminders
- Cloning appointments
- Linking contacts
- Setting up automatic replies
- Reusing text with Quick Parts
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Power Shortcuts
2. Organizing Your Inbox
3. Managing Incoming Messages
4. Sending and Replying to Messages
5. Creating Special Use Messages
6. Staying On Task
7. Tips and Tricks for Calendars
8. Tips for Working with People
9. More Tips and Tricks
Use Outlook Today2m 40s
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.