Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Use calendar shortcut keys, part of Outlook 2016: Advanced Tips and Tricks.
- View Offline
- We've already been using shortcut keys…from Outlook and Windows in the calendar.…Cutting and copying and pasting and selecting…but there are shortcuts that are unique to the calendar.…For example, here in week view…if I use the left and right arrow keys…for example from Monday the 12th…notice that I'm moving by day…simply by arrowing right to left.…And if I arrow up and down…I'm moving by what ever the granularity…of the time scale is so by half hours.…
But if I hold alt and move down…I'm actually jumping by weeks.…They load from right to left.…Just like it slides in.…Therefore if I hold alt and use the up and down arrows…I can view my calendar by week.…Sort of flipping through the weeks.…One after another.…That's a nice thing to be able to do.…Next, if I hold alt and hit equals,…I'll be shifted to the month view…for whatever month I'm currently in.…So, if I'm looking at the 20th of October that day…and I hold alt and hit equals I'll end up in the month…of October.…
If I hit alt minus,…I end up in whatever week the selected day is in.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Flagging and color-coding emails
- Making use of favorites
- Speed reading email
- Dealing with junk mail
- Sharing your calendar via email
- Including screenshots
- Setting task reminders
- Cloning appointments
- Linking contacts
- Setting up automatic replies
- Reusing text with Quick Parts
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Power Shortcuts
2. Organizing Your Inbox
3. Managing Incoming Messages
4. Sending and Replying to Messages
5. Creating Special Use Messages
6. Staying On Task
7. Tips and Tricks for Calendars
8. Tips for Working with People
9. More Tips and Tricks
Use Outlook Today2m 40s
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.