Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Stay organized with shortcut keys, part of Outlook 2016: Advanced Tips and Tricks.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] In addition to the delete key…on your keyboard, which will delete selected messages…there are some other shortcut keys…you might want to know about and some of them…are in specific contexts, for example,…if my inbox is sorted by from and let's say…I'm up at the top and I want to look for messages…from Jake I can simply hit J to go to Jake.…Or I can hit T to go to Tammy.…J again will take me back to Jake, isn't that slick?…Here's another slick shortcut.…
If I want to move selected messages to a folder,…for example I would like to select message…and this one and this one and move them…to a folder that doesn't even exist yet,…Ctrl+shift+v with messages selected opens…a move items dialog, think about it it's like…pasting but you're pasting to a folder…and I can then with the inbox selected…create a new folder and put welcome messages or welcomes.…
And say okay and all three of those messages…just got moved to this folder just like that.…Ctrl+shift+v, gotta love it.…If I simply want to go to a folder…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Flagging and color-coding emails
- Making use of favorites
- Speed reading email
- Dealing with junk mail
- Sharing your calendar via email
- Including screenshots
- Setting task reminders
- Cloning appointments
- Linking contacts
- Setting up automatic replies
- Reusing text with Quick Parts
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Power Shortcuts
2. Organizing Your Inbox
3. Managing Incoming Messages
4. Sending and Replying to Messages
5. Creating Special Use Messages
6. Staying On Task
7. Tips and Tricks for Calendars
8. Tips for Working with People
9. More Tips and Tricks
Use Outlook Today2m 40s
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.