Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Show time zones for an appointment or meeting, part of Outlook 2016: Advanced Tips and Tricks.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] Just as I can display…more than one time zone I can also create…an appointment or meeting and be very specific…about what time zone it occurs in.…There are a couple of reasons that this…is a favored feature of mine.…I'm going to create a new appointment…for the day before, I'm going to be in California…this is for my flight to California…and I no longer want to hide the ribbon…so I'm going to click to open it,…right click anywhere in it and choose…not to collapse it so I see the whole thing again.…
That's my preference, and on the sixth…of November I am flying to California,…my flight leaves at nine o'clock in the morning…and I'm flying to LAX, Los Angeles Airport,…and I'm going to open this appointment…because this is where it starts to get interesting.…I'm leaving at nine AM eastern time…but when I arrive I don't really care…what time it is eastern time what I care…about is what time is it Pacific Time…so I'm going to click the time zones button…and say that I'm leaving at nine AM…but when I'm arriving, I'm not arriving…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Flagging and color-coding emails
- Making use of favorites
- Speed reading email
- Dealing with junk mail
- Sharing your calendar via email
- Including screenshots
- Setting task reminders
- Cloning appointments
- Linking contacts
- Setting up automatic replies
- Reusing text with Quick Parts
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Power Shortcuts
2. Organizing Your Inbox
3. Managing Incoming Messages
4. Sending and Replying to Messages
5. Creating Special Use Messages
6. Staying On Task
7. Tips and Tricks for Calendars
8. Tips for Working with People
9. More Tips and Tricks
Use Outlook Today2m 40s
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.