Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Set task reminders, part of Outlook 2016: Advanced Tips and Tricks.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] Whether an item was created as a Task…or was flagged to the To-Do List,…you have the ability to set a reminder.…If you're going to see the reminder,…you either need to have Outlook running…at the time the reminder fires, or if you're…out of the office, have the ability to view reminders…on your mobile device.…Most smartphones can do this.…If I want to set a reminder on a To-Do item…that's actually an email, I can right click on the flag,…and choose Add Reminder, and provide reminder information.…
Right now it has a reminder set…for 8:00 a.m. tomorrow morning.…If I want to change the time or the date,…I can do that using the drop down list.…If there's a reminder, you can tell because…there's this cute little bell icon…that shows you that there's a reminder set,…and indeed when I point to the item,…it will tell me that there's a reminder set…at a particular date and time.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Flagging and color-coding emails
- Making use of favorites
- Speed reading email
- Dealing with junk mail
- Sharing your calendar via email
- Including screenshots
- Setting task reminders
- Cloning appointments
- Linking contacts
- Setting up automatic replies
- Reusing text with Quick Parts
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Power Shortcuts
2. Organizing Your Inbox
3. Managing Incoming Messages
4. Sending and Replying to Messages
5. Creating Special Use Messages
6. Staying On Task
7. Tips and Tricks for Calendars
8. Tips for Working with People
9. More Tips and Tricks
Use Outlook Today2m 40s
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.