Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Reply automatically using a template, part of Outlook 2016: Advanced Tips and Tricks.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] Here we are, our very last tip.…If I can predict information about an email…then I can assign a rule to do something specific with it…and we did that earlier.…For example, if I have an incoming email that has…CRM project in its heading,…I can assign it to the CRM category,…I can move it to the CRM project folder.…If I know that I can predict something about an email,…I can also reply using a specific email.…Let me give you an example.…
We're going to ask people to send us information,…ideas about what they might like us to look at…for the CRM project.…Think of it as a suggestion box…and we're going to ask them to use a specific subject,…CRM Requirements, as the subject of the email.…Now you might wonder,…how would we know that they type it correctly?…The easiest way to do this, is to have a link somewhere,…where they click and it opens up the form…and the subject's filled in, as we did earlier,…when we created the link.…
So imagine that we send an email with a link that you click…and it automatically generates the email…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Flagging and color-coding emails
- Making use of favorites
- Speed reading email
- Dealing with junk mail
- Sharing your calendar via email
- Including screenshots
- Setting task reminders
- Cloning appointments
- Linking contacts
- Setting up automatic replies
- Reusing text with Quick Parts
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Power Shortcuts
2. Organizing Your Inbox
3. Managing Incoming Messages
4. Sending and Replying to Messages
5. Creating Special Use Messages
6. Staying On Task
7. Tips and Tricks for Calendars
8. Tips for Working with People
9. More Tips and Tricks
Use Outlook Today2m 40s
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.