Outlook for Mac 2016 displays a list of categories in the Calendar and Tasks sidebars as a multi-pick list. To filter your calendar or task list, enable the checkboxes for the categories you wish to see. This makes it easy to view, for example, all of your meetings assigned to the Finance category. You cannot filter email by category, but you can arrange. Assign categories to email messages or contacts then choose Arrange By > Categories in Mail or People to sort (and in Mail, optionally group) by categories.
- [Voiceover] In your absence I have added some categories,…modified one category, and I have created some new…appointments.…When I'm working with categories, it doesn't hurt me…to simply slide this up and display only one month…in the date navigator, then I can collapse it down…afterwards when I'm done.…Towards the start of every day, not as soon as I'm in…the office, but after I've had enough time to settle in…at my desk and look at anything physical that's been…place there, in my inbox for example,…or a note on my monitor, I now have time to process email.…
This is a recurring appointment that happens from 8:30…to nine AM every day.…When I set up a recurring appointment,…or a recurring meeting, as we did earlier,…one of our choices was to be able to have it recur…every single day.…That's one possibility in Outlook for Mac 2016.…And when I do that, I have process email on the weekends,…as well, when I probably won't process email.…But my other choice is to set up five appointments.…One for every Monday, one for every Tuesday,…
- Explain how much time you should put into estimating how long a task will take.
- List the reasons for an item to become a calendar entry.
- Recall the keyboard shortcut for changing to a work week view.
- Recognize when to disable request proposals.
- Define how many categories can be assigned to a meeting.
- Recall the limitations on snoozing reminders.