Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Make great use of your Drafts folder, part of Outlook 2016: Advanced Tips and Tricks.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] If you're creating a new message…or working on a reply and you walk away from it…or just spend some time working on other things,…Outlook will automatically save a copy…of your work in the Drafts folder.…So if you click on the Drafts folder,…you'll see that message and can open it back up again…and continue working on it…even if you've closed the message form.…Says we saved a draft, do you want to keep it?…Say yup, I do,…so that I can get back to it and continue working with it.…
I mean sometimes the reason I walk away from something…is I'm not sure what I want to say.…I'd like it to give it some reflection or some revision.…So if I want to force something to my Drafts folder,…very easy to do.…All I have to do is save it…and close it unsent…and it will go to Drafts.…There's also a trickier use for the Drafts folder,…it's not necessarily something that you…automatically think of when you're thinking…of drafts as just drafts.…If I create an email message that I need…to send to a number of people,…I can use the Drafts folder to make my life easier.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Flagging and color-coding emails
- Making use of favorites
- Speed reading email
- Dealing with junk mail
- Sharing your calendar via email
- Including screenshots
- Setting task reminders
- Cloning appointments
- Linking contacts
- Setting up automatic replies
- Reusing text with Quick Parts
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Power Shortcuts
2. Organizing Your Inbox
3. Managing Incoming Messages
4. Sending and Replying to Messages
5. Creating Special Use Messages
6. Staying On Task
7. Tips and Tricks for Calendars
8. Tips for Working with People
9. More Tips and Tricks
Use Outlook Today2m 40s
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.