Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2016: to respond to an email by inviting the sender to an meeting, use Forward Special. In Mail, either right click the email and choose Forward Special, or on the Home tab of the ribbon, choose Create meeting request from this message to open the preaddressed meeting form. Text from the body of the email is also included in the meeting form. To create a meeting in the People app, select one or more contacts then click the Meeting button on the ribbon.
- [Voiceover] You can create meetings and mail from email messages that you've received. You can also schedule a meeting with one or more persons in the People app. Using these special techniques to create calendar items saves time and it also improves accuracy. Let's start with forward to create a meeting. Tammy Marley-Cox is asking me about some divisional pilot projects that were done before my time at Landon and this is a lead-in to a conversation about CRM systems for Landon North America.
I need to know more from her and that tells me that I need a meeting. If I choose, on the Home tab, Meeting, this will create a meeting request and it includes everyone who was on the email. That's Tammy and me. So, we have the information out of the original email, right here. I can type other information above it. Say "Tammy, can we have a phone call "or face to face to discuss these questions?" Then I need to choose a time.
This looks good. "How about lunch on Friday?" Because if I look at the Scheduling tab, that's right after the Budget Workshop for Team IT. So, what I'm gonna do is just move this a little bit, so it's 12:30 to 1:30. Give me a little bit of a break and it's actually a meeting. That looks good. Let me send this. Without a location yet because we don't have one.
So, the choice here was "create meeting request from this message." The other way you can access that same feature is to right click and choose Forward Special, As Meeting. Exactly the same thing. If we click on People, I can choose one or more people and invite them to a meeting very easily. You can select someone, hold Shift and select a list.
Or I could select, for example, Inge, and then hold Command and select Carolina. Meeting with Inge and Carolina. With everyone selected, I'm meeting with all four of these contacts. These are both very easy ways to create new meetings. A sweet way to add new items to our calendar without having to type a lot, and in the case of forward specials meeting, all of the information in the body of the message that Tammy sent me is included in the body of the meeting automatically.
- Explain how much time you should put into estimating how long a task will take.
- List the reasons for an item to become a calendar entry.
- Recall the keyboard shortcut for changing to a work week view.
- Recognize when to disable request proposals.
- Define how many categories can be assigned to a meeting.
- Recall the limitations on snoozing reminders.