Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Find an email, part of Outlook 2016: Advanced Tips and Tricks.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] Outlook 2016 has…great search functionality,…whether you're searching…in your inbox, in your calendar,…searching for a particular person.…We already know how to search people.…We have a nice little search people box…up here in the find group on the home tab.…The equivalent is to be able to…search in a folder, or search mailbox.…Notice that I'm in my inbox right now,…and when I click to search…in the search box at the top of the inbox,…it says it's going to search the current mailbox.…
Check this out.…If I choose CRM Project,…it says search CRM Project, current folder.…But if I'm in the inbox, the assumption is…that I that I wanna search the entire mailbox.…I want to search the inbox…and CRM project and Welcomes,…all of the subfolders to the inbox.…However, I have some choices.…I can say that I'd like to search the subfolders,…the current mailbox, all mailboxes,…or all Outlook items,…which would then also include…calender, tasks, people, and so on.…
Check out what happened as soon as I fired this drop-down…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Flagging and color-coding emails
- Making use of favorites
- Speed reading email
- Dealing with junk mail
- Sharing your calendar via email
- Including screenshots
- Setting task reminders
- Cloning appointments
- Linking contacts
- Setting up automatic replies
- Reusing text with Quick Parts
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Power Shortcuts
2. Organizing Your Inbox
3. Managing Incoming Messages
4. Sending and Replying to Messages
5. Creating Special Use Messages
6. Staying On Task
7. Tips and Tricks for Calendars
8. Tips for Working with People
9. More Tips and Tricks
Use Outlook Today2m 40s
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.