Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Find a contact in seconds, part of Outlook 2016: Advanced Tips and Tricks.
- View Offline
- [Narrator] You don't need to fire up the contacts folder to find people in Microsoft Outlook 2016. There's a Search People box right here on the home tab of the ribbon in the Find group, and all you'll need to do is enter some information about the person you're looking for whether you're looking in your contacts list, or your global address book. I can simply add, for example, Victor's name, and there he is just like that. Tammy Marley-Cox, another one of my colleagues, in here twice, and Dahlia.
Now I'm entering first names. I could also enter last names as well, and that would be a great way to find people. I can simply begin entering in information. I don't even need to type the entire word. That's how quick it is. I can search for names, I can search for departments, I can search for companies. For example, let me find the people in our Latin American division. Just like that, bing, bing, bing. If there are several, they will line up here. If it's only one, I just have one. If I want to go to see Cecelia from here, she's already selected.
I can simply press enter or I can click, and open up her contact information just like that. Isn't that sweet? Super, super fast way to find people.
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Flagging and color-coding emails
- Making use of favorites
- Speed reading email
- Dealing with junk mail
- Sharing your calendar via email
- Including screenshots
- Setting task reminders
- Cloning appointments
- Linking contacts
- Setting up automatic replies
- Reusing text with Quick Parts
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Power Shortcuts
2. Organizing Your Inbox
3. Managing Incoming Messages
4. Sending and Replying to Messages
5. Creating Special Use Messages
6. Staying On Task
7. Tips and Tricks for Calendars
8. Tips for Working with People
9. More Tips and Tricks
Use Outlook Today2m 40s
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.