Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Deal with junk mail, part of Outlook 2016: Advanced Tips and Tricks.
- View Offline
- When you first get an email account,…you won't get a lot of spam,…but the longer you use your email account…and the more you use it to ask for information…from sites outside of your organization,…the more spam, the more junk you will receive.…There are different ways to deal with this…based on your desire to have either less email…sent to your trash and more to your inbox,…or more to your trash and less to your inbox.…On the home tab, in the delete section,…you have a junk command, and it has a drop down on it.…
This is where you set your options.…The first option is to block a sender.…If you receive an email from someone…you never want to receive email from again,…you can select that email from that person…and block that sender.…You can also say never block this sender.…You'll do that if someone's accidentally…been put into your junk email folder, probably by you.…If I go to my junk email options right now,…we have this nice dialogue box with five tabs…that help me specify what I would like to have happen.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Flagging and color-coding emails
- Making use of favorites
- Speed reading email
- Dealing with junk mail
- Sharing your calendar via email
- Including screenshots
- Setting task reminders
- Cloning appointments
- Linking contacts
- Setting up automatic replies
- Reusing text with Quick Parts
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Power Shortcuts
2. Organizing Your Inbox
3. Managing Incoming Messages
4. Sending and Replying to Messages
5. Creating Special Use Messages
6. Staying On Task
7. Tips and Tricks for Calendars
8. Tips for Working with People
9. More Tips and Tricks
Use Outlook Today2m 40s
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.