Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a group, part of Outlook 2016: Advanced Tips and Tricks.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] Our ninth power shortcut…involves a feature that has been available…in Outlook web app for a bit,…but is relatively new to the desktop version of Outlook.…It comes to us from Office 365 and it's called a group.…To be clear, this is an Office 365 feature.…If on the home tab of your ribbon,…the groups area is either missing or is not enabled,…then you don't have access to this feature.…And a group is not our old distribution list…contact group that we've used in the past…to be able to push email to groups of people at one time,…or even scheduled groups of people at one time.…
This group is a shared space,…hosted actually in SharePoint,…to allow a group of people to share files…and to have a common calendar,…as well as some other features.…I have a group already that I'm a member of,…and your groups will appear down here in the groups area…when you are looking at mail,…or looking at any of the apps…that's in the left-hand side.…Here are the people who are in this group,…along with me, the Retail Team.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Flagging and color-coding emails
- Making use of favorites
- Speed reading email
- Dealing with junk mail
- Sharing your calendar via email
- Including screenshots
- Setting task reminders
- Cloning appointments
- Linking contacts
- Setting up automatic replies
- Reusing text with Quick Parts
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Power Shortcuts
2. Organizing Your Inbox
3. Managing Incoming Messages
4. Sending and Replying to Messages
5. Creating Special Use Messages
6. Staying On Task
7. Tips and Tricks for Calendars
8. Tips for Working with People
9. More Tips and Tricks
Use Outlook Today2m 40s
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.