Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a contact group, part of Outlook 2016: Advanced Tips and Tricks.
- View Offline
- [Narrator] A Contact group is almost exactly…what it sounds like.…It's a group of people who may or may not…already be included in your Contacts folder,…that you want to work with together.…That's the almost part.…And in early versions of Outlook,…a Contact group was called a Distribution List.…Because the imagining was that you would create…a Contact group to be able to distribute, or send,…email to them.…But you can also create a Contact group for a group…of people who you schedule frequently for meetings.…
To create a Contact group, first go to People,…and then in the new section, click New Contact Group.…Now notice that this creates a new group.…We saw this feature earlier.…This an Office 365 group.…New Contact Group is different, and it looks just like this.…We can give this group a name.…And I'm going to call this group Exec Staff.…Notice things that I'll be able to do,…I'll be able to forward this group as a contact,…to someone else, which is really pretty slick.…
Now let's add members.…I'm going to add them from the Outlook Contacts.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Flagging and color-coding emails
- Making use of favorites
- Speed reading email
- Dealing with junk mail
- Sharing your calendar via email
- Including screenshots
- Setting task reminders
- Cloning appointments
- Linking contacts
- Setting up automatic replies
- Reusing text with Quick Parts
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Power Shortcuts
2. Organizing Your Inbox
3. Managing Incoming Messages
4. Sending and Replying to Messages
5. Creating Special Use Messages
6. Staying On Task
7. Tips and Tricks for Calendars
8. Tips for Working with People
9. More Tips and Tricks
Use Outlook Today2m 40s
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.