Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more Business and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Comparing the Outlook 2003 and 2007 interfaces
- Creating macros for increased efficiency
- Changing the default startup folder
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Transferring mail and other items between Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007
- Backing up a mailbox
- Performing common tasks with the Quick Access toolbar
- Sharing calendars
- Previewing email
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- [Voiceover] Hi, and welcome to Migrating from Microsoft Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007, I'm David Rivers. Microsoft has incorporated some major changes and improvements in Outlook 2007, so if you're considering migrating from Outlook 2003 this title will help to make your transition a smooth one. We'll begin with a tour of the new and improved user interface namely the ribbon, where you'll find easy and logical access to the various features and functions in Outlook 2007. Then we'll investigate the various methods for transferring all of your important information to your new installation of Outlook 2007.
This means getting to know your .PST file which contains your emails, contacts, and calendar entries. You'll learn how to find this file, how to back it up and restore it when necessary, and you'll learn how to export this file as well. Now the way you perform many of the common commands in Microsoft Outlook 2003 may be performed in different ways in Outlook 2007. So we'll investigate the Office button for common file related commands, and we'll work with the Quick Access Toolbar to help create a more efficient work environment.
We'll also work with the mini toolbars for even faster access to related functionality when selecting content in Outlook 2007. Lastly, we'll examine how creating and using macros can help to save you time and effort, and we'll examine the importance of the Startup folder, and how you can change it to suit your needs. So let's get started.