Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video What's next?, part of Oracle Database 12c: Backup and Recovery.
- [David] Congratulations!…You are now an expert in Oracle 12c backup and recovery.…Now that you have successfully completed the course,…I'm sure you feel more confident…in protecting your Oracle database from failure…using a combination of RMAN, flashback technologies,…and data pump.…It's good advice to continue practicing…the database backup and recovery scenarios…and technologies you learned…in your own test Oracle databases…before you'll need to put all your new knowledge…into good use in the real world.…
Try and experiment with creating additional database backups…using RMAN, running RMAN scripts,…and restoring both your container database as a whole,…as well as individual pluggable databases.…Also practice recovering from various human errors…and accidental data deletion…by using Oracle flashback technologies.…Also create logical backups of your Oracle database…using Data Pump…and experiment with importing data…into different Oracle environments…so that you can see how easily Data Pump…allows data portability across different Oracle databases.…
- Complete vs. incomplete recovery
- Point-in-time recovery
- Failure categories
- Preparing the virtual machine
- Performing user-managed backups
- Restoring from manual backups
- Performing full and incremental backups with RMAN
- Recovering a PDB and CDB
- Exporting and importing data with Oracle Data Pump
- Performing logical backups with Data Pump
- Using Flashback Query, Table, and Database
- Creating restore points
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Learning Relational Databases (2014)with Adam Wilbert2h 39m Beginner
1. Backup and Recovery Core Concepts
2. Failure Categories and Backup Types
3. Preparing the Course VM
4. User-Managed Backups
5. Recovery Manager (RMAN)
6. Oracle Data Pump
7. Oracle Flashback
What's next?2m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.