Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video What's next?, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Instructor] Congratulations, you are now…an expert on Oracle 12c Database: Security.…Now, if you have successfully completed…the course, I am sure you feel more confident…in your ability to protect your Oracle databases…from internal and external security threats using…a combination of restrictive database users and privileges,…roles, auditing, and Transparent Data Encryption.…Remember, that security in the Oracle database…is a continuous effort that requires constant…diligence from your part.…
It's good advice to continue practicing…the commands and features you learn…in your own test Oracle databases before you'll need…to put all of your new knowledge…into good use in a production database environment.…Try to experiment with creating new users,…granting and revoking permissions, creating roles,…auditing access to sensitive data,…and encrypting table data and database backups.…Remember, there is a ton of information available online…about Oracle database security best practices…and features that can help you protect your Oracle database.…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.