Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video What you need to know, part of Oracle Database 12c: Basic SQL.
- [Instructor] This is a basic Oracle SQL course, so there aren't any major prerequisites that you need to know before you can get started. This course is meant to guide you in your first steps in learning the Oracle database, and as such, this course was created to be as accessible as possible to a wide audience. During the hands-on exercises, which make up the bulk of the course runtime, I'll be using the Oracle Demo Developer VM, which you can freely download from oracle.com.
If you choose to use this VM, and I do strongly recommend that you use this VM because you'll have access to the same tables that I'll be using in my environment, you will need a computer running Oracle VirtualBox so that you can open and start the Oracle Developer Demo Virtual Machine. Note that installing and configuring Virtual Box and starting the Virtual Box image is not covered in this course.
Note: This training course is appropriate for beginning database developers with no prior experience with SQL or Oracle.
- Using Oracle SQL*Developer, the free development environment
- Selecting data from tables
- Filtering data
- Using functions to manipulate data
- Joining data from tables
- Creating tables
- Updating values
- Truncating data
- Grouping and ordering result sets
- Working with primary keys
- Checking constraints
Skill Level Beginner
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Introduction to SQL
2. Preparing the Course Environment
Downloading the course VM2m 16s
3. Using Oracle SQL Developer
4. Basic SELECT Queries
5. String, Number, and Date Functions
6. Joining Table Data
7. Manipulating Data
8. Grouping Data
9. Advanced Topics
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.