Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video What you need to know, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Instructor] In order for you to get the most out of the hands-on demo throughout this course, you should have prior Oracle Database administration experience, preferably with an Oracle 12c or 11g Database. If you don't have prior Oracle experience, then that's okay, but I would strongly suggest first taking a look at my Oracle 12c Database: Administration course, as well as my Oracle 12c: New Features course, which are both available in the library.
In addition, this course contains lessons about Oracle Data Pump and RMAN encryption technologies. If you are unfamiliar with Oracle backup and recovery concepts, then please take a look at my Oracle 12c: Backup and Recovery course. For the hands on exercises, you will need access to an Oracle 12c Database where you have full administration control and SYSDBA privileges. During the hands-on exercises which make up for the bulk of the course runtime, I'll be using the Oracle demo Developer virtual machine which you can freely download from oracle.com.
If you choose to use this VM, you will need a computer running Oracle Virtual Box so that you can open and start the Oracle Developer demo virtual machine in your own environment.
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.