Learn how to design and implement backup and recovery strategies that keep the data stored in your Oracle 12c databases safe and secure.
- [David] Hey, I'm David Yahalom and welcome to my Oracle 12c Backup and Recovery course. In this course, you will learn all of the fundamentals you need to start becoming an expert in Oracle database backup and recovery. We will take a hands-on approach and learn about Oracle backup and recovery core concepts, how to create bulletproof database backup and recovery strategies, and of course how to implement these strategies using a combination of Oracle tools such as RMAN, Flashback and Data Pump.
We will start by reviewing the core concepts on how Oracle database backup and recovery works. We will then continue and learn how to perform full and incremental database backups using RMAN. We'll also learn about performing Point-in-Time Recovery, how to use Oracle's Flashback database, Flashback query, and Flashback table capabilities, and learn how to create logical database backups using Data Pump. So get comfortable, grab a good cup of coffee or tea, and let's start mastering Oracle 12c backup and recovery.
- Complete vs. incomplete recovery
- Point-in-time recovery
- Failure categories
- Preparing the virtual machine
- Performing user-managed backups
- Restoring from manual backups
- Performing full and incremental backups with RMAN
- Recovering a PDB and CDB
- Exporting and importing data with Oracle Data Pump
- Performing logical backups with Data Pump
- Using Flashback Query, Table, and Database
- Creating restore points
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Backup and Recovery Core Concepts
2. Failure Categories and Backup Types
3. Preparing the Course VM
4. User-Managed Backups
5. Recovery Manager (RMAN)
6. Oracle Data Pump
7. Oracle Flashback
What's next?2m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.