Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Viewing users, permissions, and polices, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Instructor] We have various Oracle database views…that we can use to keep track of users, permissions,…as well as profiles and password management attributes…in our Oracle database.…These are internal views inside the database…that you should regularly monitor.…Let's see some examples.…We'll start by connecting to our Oracle instance…as the sysdba user.…So I'll type sqlplus sys/oracle@orcl as sysdba.…
Let's start with something simple,…reviewing the list of all of our database users,…their account status, the last time they connected…to our database, and their authentication mechanism.…You can find such query included in your Exercise File.…So let's Copy the query and Paste it…into our SQL*Plus window.…As you can see, we got a list of all of the usernames…in our database, as well as various attributes.…
For example, we can see that all of our users…are using the PASSWORD authentication mechanism.…This means that they login to the database…using passwords.…Other mechanism for authenticating users…that are outside the scope of our course,…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Learning Relational Databases (2014)with Adam Wilbert2h 39m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.