Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video View the audit trail, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Instructor] After we have configured our…new auditing policies and ransom actions…which are supposed to trigger these auditing policies,…it's time to see if our configuration…is working as expected or not.…So we'll start by connecting to the…Oracle database as the SYSDBA user.…Sqlplus sys/oracle at orcl as SYSDBA.…We can monitor the unified auditing audit trail…via the unified audit trail view.…
So let's run a query against this view,…filtering for actions which were performed…by either USER1 or USER2, in my database.…You can find a query provided in your exercise file.…Let's copy the query and paste it into our SQL plus window.…As you can see, I am choosing to filter…for audit trail records from actions…generated by USER1 and USER2.…
You can of course omit this clause,…and see all audit trail records for…all actions performed by all database users.…But for our demo purposes, that would…be too much output from the query.…So let's keep the condition in place,…and as you can see I'm querying…the unified audit_trail view.…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.