Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Using standard auditing, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Instructor] In addition to creating very granular…auditing policies in Oracle,…as we saw in our previous videos,…you can also enable something known as standard auditing,…which allows us to audit SQL statement, privileges,…and access to schema objects.…Standard auditing in Oracle is more restricted,…but very easy to configure.…Let's see it in action.…We'll open a connection to our ORCL-pluggable database…as the sysdba user.…So I'll type sqlplus sys slash oracle at orcl as sysdba.…
And in order to enable standard auditing…we will run an audit command followed by a clause…specifying what we want to audit.…You can find the command included in your exercise file.…So let's copy the command and paste it into our…SQL Plus window.…This command, as it is right now,…will audit any of the following actions…that are performed in the database:…Selecting data from a table,…inserting data to a table,…deleting data from a table,…and executing stored procedure.…
And another cool part is we can specify that this…auditing rule should be enabled whenever the user…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Learning Relational Databases (2014)with Adam Wilbert2h 39m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.