The SQL language supports filtering based on both exact matches as well as ranges. Learn how to use the BETWEEN keyword to select a range of values to filter on.
- [Instructor] We can also filter…in our where clause by using a range of values.…So for example, let's say I want to return…all of the employees whose salary…is between 5000 and 10,000 dollars.…So I can just type where salary…between the first value, 5000,…and the second value, 10,000.…
Let's run this query and see that the result…that we got is for employees…where their salary fits exactly…in the range we have specified.…You can also combine this…with another filter criteria…and type and department_id…between 50 and 80.…So we now have two different conditions,…salary and department_id.…
We can also add brackets…for better legibility.…Let's run this query…and see that we got a different result set.…
Note: This training course is appropriate for beginning database developers with no prior experience with SQL or Oracle.
- Using Oracle SQL*Developer, the free development environment
- Selecting data from tables
- Filtering data
- Using functions to manipulate data
- Joining data from tables
- Creating tables
- Updating values
- Truncating data
- Grouping and ordering result sets
- Working with primary keys
- Checking constraints
Skill Level Beginner
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Learning Relational Databases (2014)with Adam Wilbert2h 39m Beginner
1. Introduction to SQL
2. Preparing the Course Environment
Downloading the course VM2m 16s
3. Using Oracle SQL Developer
4. Basic SELECT Queries
5. String, Number, and Date Functions
6. Joining Table Data
7. Manipulating Data
8. Grouping Data
9. Advanced Topics
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.