SQL Developer presents us with a tab-based interface, which allows us to write and execute SQL queries as well as interact with the various database and schema objects. In this video, learn how to use tabs in SQL Developer.
- [Instructor] Another important concept to understand…regarding the interface of SQL Developer,…before we'll dig deep into the…actual SQL language itself, is the concept of tabs.…Tabs in SQL Developer allows us to…interact with different database objects…as well as write and run our SQL queries.…So for example, selecting the employees or…departments table from the left-hand menu,…will open a new tab in the SQL Developer interface,…showing us details about the selected object.…
So I can see the columns, or…the data of the department table.…I can close a tab by clicking on the X button in each tab.…Note that this tab is special, as it's…an SQL Worksheet tab, allowing me…to write and execute SQL queries.…So for example, when selecting this tab,…I can write a simple SQL query such as…select * from employees.…Now, don't worry if you don't…exactly understand what I'm doing here,…we'll have plenty of time to dig deep…into the SQL language throughout our course.…
This is just for the sake of the demo,…and for getting familiar with the UI of SQL Developer.…
Note: This training course is appropriate for beginning database developers with no prior experience with SQL or Oracle.
- Using Oracle SQL*Developer, the free development environment
- Selecting data from tables
- Filtering data
- Using functions to manipulate data
- Joining data from tables
- Creating tables
- Updating values
- Truncating data
- Grouping and ordering result sets
- Working with primary keys
- Checking constraints
Skill Level Beginner
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Introduction to SQL
2. Preparing the Course Environment
Downloading the course VM2m 16s
3. Using Oracle SQL Developer
4. Basic SELECT Queries
5. String, Number, and Date Functions
6. Joining Table Data
7. Manipulating Data
8. Grouping Data
9. Advanced Topics
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.