Flashback Table provides you with the capability to restore one or more tables to a previous point in time, essentially reverting changes that were already committed with a single command. In this video, learn how to use the FLASHBACK TABLE TO command and restore an individual table to a previous state. You will also learn how to recover an accidentally deleted table from the database recycle bin using the FLASHBACK TABLE TO BEFORE DROP command.
- [Instructor] Oracle flashback technologies…allows restoring an individual table…to a previous point in time.…Similarly to flashback query,…the flashback table feature…also relies on using data contained…in the database undo tablespace to roll back changes.…By using the flashback table statement,…we can restore an earlier state of a database table…in the event of human or application error.…Let's see flashback table in action.…We'll start by opening a connection…as the system user to the demo_pdb pluggable database…we have created earlier in our course.…
So, I'll type sqlplus…system/oracle@localhost…specifying the listener port number…and a connection to be made…to the demo_pdb pluggable database.…We'll also need to create a new tablespace.…So, let's see the location of our existing data files.…I'll type select file_name from dba_data_Files.…I'll also copy the directory…in which the data files for this pluggable database…have been created in,…so let's copy this path.…
Going to our exercise file…we can find the create tablespace command provided.…
- Complete vs. incomplete recovery
- Point-in-time recovery
- Failure categories
- Preparing the virtual machine
- Performing user-managed backups
- Restoring from manual backups
- Performing full and incremental backups with RMAN
- Recovering a PDB and CDB
- Exporting and importing data with Oracle Data Pump
- Performing logical backups with Data Pump
- Using Flashback Query, Table, and Database
- Creating restore points
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Learning Relational Databases (2014)with Adam Wilbert2h 39m Beginner
1. Backup and Recovery Core Concepts
2. Failure Categories and Backup Types
3. Preparing the Course VM
4. User-Managed Backups
5. Recovery Manager (RMAN)
6. Oracle Data Pump
7. Oracle Flashback
What's next?2m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.